Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Things I Have Baked/Cooked/Watched

Pumpkin Gingerbread: B. Not bad, but a bit too heavy for my tastes. Maybe with more leavening?

French Onion Soup: A-. An excellent soup, but it could use some more hearty flavoring, maybe by addition of some meat, rather than beef and chicken broths. Also, I had it with large quantities of cheap wine - always an excellent serving suggestion.

Carrot Cake
: A. Oh man, this thing is good. Plus, it's fuckin' huge. As my friend put it, "Oh my God, Bob, that's an actual cake!"

And now, a 3-haiku review of Seraphim Falls:

Both Pierce Brosnan and
Liam Neeson have accents
of a western sort.

Holy shit, you will
not believe what Pierce busts out
of in this movie.

I would recommend
this film to those who enjoy
films about tough dudes.

That should about cover it.

No comments: