Thursday, September 15, 2005

Unfortunate

Yeah, I slept through that meeting. Pretty much the worst way to start things out here. It worked out all right, I guess. My advisor told me just to come in later. Good news is I only have to take two quarter-long math classes for my entire four years here. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of leeway for a first-year engineering student, so I only have one elective, which is probably just going to be a communication requirement, i.e. Public Speaking 101. I hate public speaking.
Haven't been to any really wild parties yet. There have only been freshmen here until now, so there's no one to buy the booze. There are a few cool things coming up, though, like a beach party tomorrow night and a dance marathon at the Fields Museum in Chicago on Saturday. No telling when the frat bashes get going, or how I'll find out about them. Still, not a bad place. I've talked to a few people who seem quite all right.

Ok, I should go do something.

No comments: