Friday, June 15, 2007

One Sentence Movie Reviews: 100 POSTZ!! Edition

The Aviator
I really can't come up with any witty remarks about this well-made movie.

Dr. Strangelove etc.
It's 96 minutes long, and I'm reasonably sure I could cut 10 or 15 more out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. It has one of the funniest final lines in recent memory. But it's Stanley Kubrick, the man who would later give us A Two and a Half Hour Shot of A Spaceship Gliding Towards a Large Object in Space. As a side note, IMDB tells me that James Earl Jones' character was named Lt. Lothar Zogg. Win.

As for The Aviator, I mean literally what I said. It's well-directed and acted. I enjoyed watching it. It will probably not go on any favorite movie list of mine.

Umm, it's really long and has Alan Alda in it?

No comments: