Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Workin' Man

I thought it would be a bad day when the first thing I heard upon entering Elitches was the Looney Toons (tm) singing Jailhouse Rock. It is a good thing I was mistaken.

Not that it was totally awesome, either. Pretty boring most of the time, but I'm ok with that. From what I've heard, I actually have it pretty good. I work inside, so while temperatures outside today climbed well into the 90s, I never got above a balmy 75. We get to listen to the radio and talk to each other, which I hear from Outside is the exception rather than the rule. Basically I just stand behind a counter and wait for people to buy stuff. Sometimes, to break the monotony, I restock the beverage cooler or rearrange misplaced items. The only real problem I have is that there are many items without prices on them, so I'm stuck either a) asking someone, which is a gamble, because often they don't know either, and b) making up a price that sounds good. I sometimes end up going with option b, which sounds a bit iffy, but I'm not too worried.

Speaking of prices, the price sticker gun is the greatest thing ever concieved of by man. I totally love that thing.

Hey, what's the deal with traffic? Sometimes it's bad because there are too many cars around, or there's an accident ahead, or it's raining, but there are other, mutant times where there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Cars slow down, stop, then start right up again, perhaps in response to a predator. I don't get it.

(The preceeding paragraph was brought to you by Jerry Seinfeld (tm).)

Now, to crack a brew, put my feet up, and watch the game. Oh wait, I have dinner with my extended family. Gruh.

No comments: